We believe that we are called to be Doorkeepers of the House of the Lord to ensure that every person is greeted with a warm welcome, and seated comfortably. We are also alert to actions surrounding the church and the congregation (such as fire or sickness).
The usher vision is three-fold
- To increase the total number of committed Ushers
- View all ushers practicing radical hospitality
- To be unified in all areas within the ministry of ushering
…Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere: I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10
May we, in Church today fulfill our assignment in a CHRIST-LIKE way? Effective in each and everything we do. Understanding the way we feel, to be helpful in our attitudes: Make us co-workers with the pastor, the church musicians, the teachers, the members, and most of all Lord, with Thee. In the Name of Jesus, WE pray.
- Prepare the next leader of the Ushers’ Ministry (AN ONGOING MINISTRY)
- Recognition banquet every third year (Give flowers while they can be seen)
Practice Radical Hospitality
- Responsibilities of each office documented
- Different techniques in Ushering practiced regularly
- Provide written guidelines for all ushers
- Game nights
- Mentoring Activities
- Keep a current list of all who have been honored.
- Keep a current membership roster.
- Keep a current list of those recognized by the organization
- President S. Frances Glenn-Chalmers
- Vice President Sandra R. Hines
- Recording Secretary Gwendolyn Stewart
- Financial Secretary Olga Morency
- Treasurer Dorrit Marshall
- Mamie Dorsey O’Neal – Christopher Dunston – Anna Ekpenyong – Jeffrey Jackman – Wanda Hale Jones – Edna Little James Pinckney – Deloris Rodriguez – Dorothy “Mae” Smith -Christine Spencer
- Charles Dawson – Walter Mitchell, Sr.
In 2022, we were saddened by the passing of Clarence Hogan Jr., and Estella Jones, however; we remained grateful to God for the time he allowed them to share in ministry with us.